Members of the United Motorcoach Association will gather in San Antonio on January 8 for the UMA Leadership Awards Celebration to recognize two outstanding motorcoach operators by presenting them with a UMA Vision Award. There is one award each for a small and large fleet operator.
You can be a part of this process to recognize our industry’s best operators. We need your help to identify
• Engage in sound business practices
• Have an excellent safety record
• Regularly employ innovative marketing, operations, and customer service approaches
• Are a good corporate citizen within the community
• Raise the standards for all motorcoach companies
• Raise the profile of the entire motorcoach industry
• Are financially sound
A nominee being “financially sound,” is a component that was added a few years ago to the nomination criteria. After a
company’s nomination form has been submitted and reviewed, UMA will reach out to the top nominated companies
to obtain their financial information. This information will be handed over to an independent Certified Public Accountant
who will ensure that the company is financially sound. This criteria ensures that every Vision Award recipient operates in a
manner all motorcoach operators should strive to operate.
There are two categories available for nominations — large (15 coaches or more) and small (less that 15 coaches). To be
eligible, a nominated company must meet the following qualifications:
• Must have current operating authority consistent with operation as required by federal, state and local laws.
• Must have a USDOT “Satisfactory” safety rating and/or comparable rating(s) as provided by applicable state
• Must be a member in good standing of the United Motorcoach Association.
UMA has relied on its associate members to nominate operators for the awards in the past and will continue to for the 2018
awards. A few years ago, UMA also called for motorcoach operators to nominate their fellow peer companies whom they
think are deserving of the award. The UMA Vision Awards gives vendors the opportunity to recognize customers for their
excellent work on behalf of the entire industry. And now this opportunity is open to motorcoach operators to recognize
their peers for their excellence.
The deadline to submit nominations is October 16, 2017. Contact Carrington Blake of the UMA staff for details at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (703) 838-2929.