I already booked my rooms. How do I get a new reservation for the right days?
Each of the properties will be reaching out to you to update your information. Please make sure to be on the lookout for an email. If having trouble please email email@example.com.
I registered for March and the new dates do not work for me. Can I get a refund?
Yes. All registrations will be carried over to the new dates. However, if the dates do not work please contact UMA at 703.838.2929 or email Antonio Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will be able to assist.
Are the hotels taking precautions to ensure that guests are healthy?
Each property has made a commitment to help ensure proper safety protocols are followed.
How is UMA mitigating risks for participants during this event?
- UMA will be conducting daily temperature checks to ensure everyone coming into the Orange County Convention Center is running a normal temperature.
- UMA will also be hiring Ambassadors to help emphasize to people about wearing masks, maintaining social distances, and reminding everyone to do their part. As part of this we will also be enforcing a No Contact Policy. This means we are asking everyone to please not shake hands, hug, or any other form of contact with anyone.
- The Orange County Convention Center is also taking steps to ensure cleanliness. In the Exhibit Hall during breaks, Environmental Services will come in and pick up the garbage and they will wipe the door jams. They will constantly be in and out of the restrooms to make sure they are clean and wiped down. Overnight, Environmental Services will go in and spray the chairs and sanitize the areas that you are having meetings in the halls.
- In the meeting rooms, Environmental Services will go in at the breaks and empty the garbage, straighten the chairs and wipe down the high contact areas. Overnight they will spray all the chairs and place a door hanger on the door to share that the room has been sanitized and ready for the day’s activities.
What is the face mask policy for Expo? Will face shields be allowed instead of a mask?
Face masks are required at all Expo events. If someone would like to wear a face shield in place of a mask that is permitted.
What is UMA doing to promote social distancing?
UMA has been working closely with our partners to ensure distancing at all points. UMA will have Ambassadors on hand at every function to emphasize to people about wearing masks, maintaining social distances, and reminding everyone to do their part.
- Meeting Rooms – Rooms have been spaced out to account for reduced capacities and distanced seating.
- Indoor Food Functions – All tables will have significantly reduced seating to account for limited seating together.
- Other Social Functions – UMA has planned these social activities outside the convention center.
- UMA will be enforcing a No Contact Policy – This means we are asking everyone to please not shake hands, hug, or any other form of contact with anyone.